>>Home >>Centres >>CCES >>Work Opportunities<<
Print page

Cambridge Centre for English Studies

Work Opportunities

Am I permitted to work?
If you are a student from an EU country, you are permitted by law to work for as many hours as you like per week.

If you are a student from a non-EU country that does not require a visa, or a visa national in the UK on a student visa, and are engaged in a course of study that involves a minimum of 15 hours per week, you are permitted to work part- time for up to 20 hours per week.

All students, irrespective of nationality, will be required to apply for a National Insurance (social security) number.

What kind of work can I do?
CCES in conjunction with Acorn Employment Agency, can offer its students part-time work in various Cambridge University Colleges.

The work is typically silver service waiter/waitressing, kitchen work and college domestic housekeeping. Most of the work is in the evenings, but weekend and lunch period shifts are also available.

Au Pair Work
Please contact Cambridge Au-Pairs for details of their placement programmes. Au Pair work can be combined with CCES popular Part Time Courses which enable you to meet new people and make friends.